It is Important to Know About Your Shih Tzu
1. To know about your Shih Tzu is to love your Shih Tzu. In fact, this is a breed that is known for its endearing appearance and trusting nature.
2. Before bringing home a cute little Shih Tzu puppy, make sure it is the right dog for you. These little bundles of energy are easy to fall in love with.
3. When you’re not at home, make sure that you leave your Shih Tzu with plenty of toys and activities. They’re active and curious dogs by nature.
4. You should never leave your Shih Tzu in the yard without supervision. If you have a fenced in yard, make sure that you check for holes and areas where your pet can escape.
5. Your Shih Tzu loves to be indoors and rest on comfortable furniture because its ancestors lived in palaces.
6. Your Shih Tzu demands a lot of grooming. You will need to brush her hair daily to keep the coat healthy and attractive.
7. Before a newborn Shih Tzu puppy leaves its mother, it must be weaned and able to eat on its own. If a mother is not able to produce enough milk, then bottle-feeding is necessary. You can find a formula in many pet stores or you can get it from your veterinarian.
8. Although Shih Tzu’s are very friendly – friendships take time. Therefore, do not leave pets alone together unless you know for sure that they’ll get along. Making sure they’re compatible before leaving them alone will help to avoid injuries to your Shih Tzu and other pets.
9. Have your Shih Tzu neutered if you do not have the time and the expenses to raise puppies. Puppies are cute, but raising Shih Tzu’s is difficult, time-consuming, and very expensive. In addition, it is hard on the mother.
10. Having a male and a female Shih Tzu is great because they make wonderful companions. However, if you do not want to raise puppies, then you should consider having them neutered to prevent having unwanted pregnancies.