Below is a shortlist that takes a closer look to see if a Shih Tzu may be the perfect dog for you:
Do not take the decision to own a Shih Tzu lightly. You are entering into a lifetime commitment. And I’m sure that you would like for your lifestyle, your family, and your home to be a good match for your new companion.
Shih Tzu’s are short, and sassy.
Nevertheless, here is why a Shih Tzu may be the perfect dog for you.
- You love to brush hair: Shih Tzu’s demand a lot of grooming!
- Can’t get enough of flat-faced dogs: Shih Tzu’s are not known for their long slender profile like many other popular dogs. They’re blessed with an adorable short nose.
- You enjoy being revered: Shih Tzu’s want to spend all of their time with you. And they think that you are the best thing in the world.
- You think about cuddling and pampering your dog all day and can’t wait to get home to do so: Your Shih Tzu will be happiest when you show him or her a lot of affection. They also demand a lot of one-on-one cuddle time.
- Love taking your dog wherever you go: Shih Tzu’s are very outgoing dogs. They relish the opportunity to roll with you whenever possible.
- Own your own business, and you work from home. Or you come home regularly throughout the day: Shih Tzu’s are bred to be companion dogs. Therefore, they do not like to be left home alone.
More Reasons a Shih Tzu is The Perfect Dog for You
These are dogs that need to spend most of their time being a companion. This helps them feel like they’re doing their job.
- Absolutely love to lie around the house doing nothing on the weekend: Shih Tzu’s are not athletic dogs and would prefer to lounge on the couch with you doing nothing.
- You cannot stand hot weather, and avoid it like the plague: Shih Tzu’s do not like the heat either. For instance, Shih Tzu’s are highly susceptible to heatstroke.
Shih Tzu puppies need customary check-ups and vaccinations. In fact, these are all necessary parts of your commitment to your pet.
In addition, a good vet can also help you with skin allergies, behavior issues, pest control, and questions that you may have about caring for your Shih Tzu.