Shih Tzu good and bad behavior! In case you didn’t know, your Shih Tzu is going to need plenty of guidance from you.
Training your Shih Tzu is not going to be easy. However, there are things that you can do to make the process a lot easier such as giving your dog feedback about what she does.
Here are Some Shih Tzu Good and Bad Behavior Tips to Help you and your Dog Get Off to a Good Start
(1) Remember to give rewards or treats whenever your dog performs behavior that you consider acceptable. These little bundles of cuteness are probably more motivated by rewards than any other breed.
(2) Behavior that you do not like should be ignored. Shih Tzu’s love to get attention, they crave it with a passion. Therefore, if you ignore behavior that you do not like, it would send a powerful message that your dog will have to heed.
It will let her know that if she wants to be around you, she will have to get her act together.
(3) Please do not yell, pick up, or look at your Shih Tzu whenever she do something wrong.
These are actions that can let her think it is OK to continue with the bad behavior because she managed to get your attention.
(4) Under no circumstances should you yell or hit your Shih Tzu. These are very sensitive companion dogs that will always love you unconditionally.
You can damage your relationship with her forever if you treat her rough, get loud, or physical.
(5) Do not forget that your Shih Tzu is just a dog. It is not unnatural for a dog to bark, whine, run around, or use their teeth for defense.
Do not attempt to eradicate these natural instincts out of your Shih Tzu. Instead, try to channel them the right way via training.
(6) Keep in mind that your Shih Tzu wants to be with you more than anything else in the world.
Therefore do not underestimate the power of your charm. This is a key step to showing your Shih Tzu good and bad behavior as well as communicating with her.